Monday 13 July 2009

Time Flies....

It's been ages since I've blogged... I can't believe 5 weeks have passed already.

Life has been somewhat crazy.... a little good but mostly challenges.

It's the end of the first week of school holidays here in SA, so that means I've not had my girl for a week. That's always tough. Actually, I hate it......

Fortunately though, for the first week while Kara was with "he who shall remain unnamed", I went away and spent some much needed "fun" time with a gorgeous friend. It was amazing and I'm so glad I did it... there was a lot of laughing, chatting, drinking and just great company. Bliss......I hope I get to do it again (thanks Gorg... xxx).

I've never been away for a week without Kara and whilst it's difficult flying away from her and knowing I'm 3000 kms away, it's also difficult flying back to be greeted with lawyer's letters and the stress that comes with them. Sometimes (a lot of times), I wish I could just run away from it all and lead a happier life someplace else (with Kara of course). It's all just getting a little too much but that's for the 'sad' blog lol.

I don't even have a pic to post! I took my camera away with me but it never ventured out....

I have been reading poems and quotes online a lot lately though and I came across the one below... quite apt given this is a blog and I've made so many friends from it... some I've met ~ others I will soon.

Screen Friends

by Miasartiff

My husband has finally gone to work
My children have finished their play
they've gone to bed their stories read
Now it's my time of day.

I've had one of those days
you know what I mean
so I sit back and relax
nd turn on my screen.

I'll talk to all my friends
who know just what to say
to make my stresses go
and my troubles fade away.

My friends you're always there for me
whenever I feel blue
and though we've never met before
I know our friendships true.

And although we haven't been friends for long
in this short time it seems
we shared so many things already
our hopes, our fears, our dreams.

We come from different walks of life
but we share a common bond
and it's time to say that of all of you
I've grown so very fond.

So thank you friends for being there
whenever I've needed you
I know you're always there for me
and you know I'm there for you.

I know I've said it before (and quite recently) but it really does amaze me when I think about the support online friends have provided. If it wasn't for this little screen, life for me would have been very very different over the past few months.... and not for the better.

xxx

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Hey sweetie :) so glad you had a lovely time away, even though Kara wasn't with you!! sorry you had to come back to those horrible letters! I really hope things will start to look alot brighter for you & Kara soon! The poem is beautiful & so true!! I'll talk to you soon... take care,

Love Tan xxxx

3 Peas in a Pod said...

This is just what I needed today Vanessa!! It's so true. I was just thinking of how it all started for me. I found the beautiful Superprincess Ava through the artist that created my daughter's pictures in her room. It all snowballed from there. I'm so thankful for my bloggy friends.

btw please keep doing your inspirational status updates on FB. They really help me!

I hope things are turning the corner regarding the situation with Kara's father.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Anonymous said...

So true and such beautiful words:) I really feel for you - I'm all too familiar with lawyers letters, court orders and the stomach churning pain that the whole ordeal entails.

I'm here for you V - you are a beautiful, kind-hearted person and I'm glad we get to share our lives through our computer screens:)

Vanessa xx

Vanessa x said...

Thanks lovelies xxx

This is exactly what I mean.....it's just amazing. x

Tabitha said...

Hi there ~ so great to hear from you again. I am glad that you have managed to get away and have some fun ~ so sorry that you had to return to more stress.
Hope that you are both doing ok.
Just off to check with your other blog.
Take care dear friend,
Love and hugs Tab XXX