Monday 11 August 2008

Crap lol.

On friday night, as I actually pulled my butt of the couch, I tripped on the mouse cord of my laptop and the whole laptop went flying and smashed onto the ground ARGHHHHHHHHHH.

I lost the whole hard drive and am in the process of *trying* to get it running again. THANK GOD I backed up my photos only days earlier (and hadn't done so since february), so I didn't lose 6 months worth of pics. I think that fact has kept me from stressing about losing everything else lol.

It's a PITA though because I can't upload any pics from my camera. I have Kara's computer (which I'm on now) but I don't want to cram her hard drive with loads of pics, as it's not that big as it is.

Sooooo, that's what I've been doing the past few nights lol. Hoping like crazy that I can fix my lappy (and watching the Olympics!!!!).

Hope you're all well out there in cyberland ~ I've got a lot of blog catching up to do :)

xx

9 comments:

meganxxx said...

You are a silly duffer!

Remember if you get stuck maybe Rohan could give you some pointers on how to go about fixing it-I promise they would be clearer instructions than the DS ones LOL!!!xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa! Sorry to hear about your laptop but thank you for reminding me to backup my photos:)

i hope all is well - I haven't veen blogging lately (just checking on Sheye's blog really) but I look forward to reading back over your blog (and emma-kates):)

Vanessa xxx

Tabitha said...

Hi Vanessa ~ I hope that you can fix your laptop!! I have dropped mine once before ~ luckily it survived!!
Hope you and kara are doing OK!
sending love and hugs XXXXXX

Tanya said...

Hi Vanessa, I hope you get your laptop fixes asap!!!! so glad you didn't loose any photos that would have been devastating! I hope you two gorgeous girls are well!

love,
Tanya xoxo

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

See this just shows how smart you are because I would have just cried and had no idea what to do next!

Vanessa x said...

Thanks for all your comments guys :) x

LMAO Em ~ trust me.... I have nfi if what I'm doing will work. It's taken almost 3 days to just get XP back onto it.... Is that normal Rohan????

It has just ticked over to 100% and now something else is happening. I'm starting to stress a *little*. I just keep reminding myself that it could have been sooooo much worse. Thank god I backed up my pics (twice) last week .....

kristen said...

One word.

BUGGER

Love Kirsten

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

OH NO! That's the problem with lappy's - they need laps!

Hope you can work it out!!

Cheers
Jus
xo

kristen said...

Hope you are all well and enjoying life.

Love Kristen
PS Hope your girl is with you.