Friday 21 March 2008

Our Weekend....

.... has so far been the best in a looooong time.



I've done nothing but think lately. Nothing but worry about what might be. In part, it's been difficult because Kara hasn't had a weekend home for 4 weeks and it's SUCKED. So this weekend I promised myself to just BE with her. To make sure every weekend we get together is positive and fun ~ for both of us. I need my baby to have a happy Mummy and I need her to know I'm always here for her. There have been times of late when I've felt I just can't do either of those things but today, for whatever reason, I feel that I have no choice but to.


We've had such a good start to the Easter break..... it began with us screaming like mad (for three quarters) at Carlton last night ~ Kara dressed in her footy gear and got into it.... it really is just SOOO cute!



This morning, we went for a really long walk around our new neighbourhood :) We haven't done that since moving in due to the Adelaide heat wave and we had a mission to find a nice park. We found an "ok" one and picked overhanging flowers on the way home.....


After that, we baked these shortbread jam cookies.... omg they are DIVINE!!!!




We then had some friends over for the day (the kids had an absolute BALL together) which was just lovely, as we hadn't seen them for some time.



To end the day, Kara wanted to go to the beach to watch the sunset...... we didn't quite make it as the Princess wanted to dress herself (as can be seen below :P) and couldn't find appropriate shoes ~ I really do need to buy her winter shoes!!! We went anyway and walked along the jetty peeking into everybody's fishing buckets ~ Kara just LOVES doing that.




So, things are getting better. I suppose I'm just trying to focus on having my girl for the majority of the time for the next 2 years. If I concentrate on what happens after that, I crumble. I hope everybody's correct in saying anything can happen in two years..... one friend is convinced Kara's father will have triplets with his new partner and they'll all have colic..... I'd much rather he just disappeared.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

He he, triplets with colic...now that would be funny!!! I have often wished my ex husband would disappear off the face of the earth (to my knowledge this has not happened yet...), so keep your fingers crossed for the triplets, I will!!!!