Tuesday 7 October 2008

The Nugget :P

Well, I am posting this at the request of a confused 5 year old lmao.

Kara and I were chatting late last night (way past midnight as she's still on school holidays) and she said there was something she wanted to talk about. When I asked her what that was, she told me it was about a chicken nugget..... where this was about to go I had NO idea.

Anyway, she preceeded to tell me that last weekend when with her father, he and his now "teacher wife" (Jus.... thought I'd better update you on that lol), made Kara eat a chicken nugget. She then followed it with...... "I don't know why they'd force me to do that Mummy. They know my beliefs about eating meat (Kara will NOT touch meat and hasn't since she was 2) and it's a chicken nugget ~ it's not even healthy. I'd understand if it was a veggie but it's a NUGGET".

You know, I totally agree with my girl. I've always respected Kara's wishes not to eat meat ~ not because she doesn't like the taste but because she really does have strong views about eating animals. It's now an ongoing joke in our home ~ she's been calling her father the nugget man and seriously, how can I not laugh? I'm always so careful not to share my thoughts about him (or display any negativity) but when she initiates it, it's hard not to support her.

I'm really feeling for my baby at the moment. She's been in tears a lot this week about having to have two homes. She really isn't happy about it and as her mother, it's horrid to have no control over the whole situation. She constantly asks when she will be listened to and it breaks my heart.

Having said that, we've had the best week together. Kara's had a late night every night and most days have been spent with friends and evenings spent playing games. I don't want the holidays to end!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh the little sweetheart, makes my heart ache when to hear she is unhappy! Kara certainly is wise beyond her years, bless her! I' HAPPY to hear you two gorgeous girls have had a great week, I know how you feel Vanessa, my kids went back to school on Monday & I was so not ready for it! Enjoy the rest of your holidays with your special little Princess :)

BTW.... her father SHOULD respect her feelings & not make her eat chicken nuggets!!!!

have a great day :)

love,
t. xxxxx

Tabitha said...

I had to laugh when I read your nugget story ~ then when I read on and realised that Kara doesn't eat meat ~ I couldn't believe that he had made her eat one!!
I am so sorry that Kara is being upset by the situation at the moment. Sounds like you have been having alot of fun together.
Take care, love and big hugs XXXXX