Saturday 20 October 2007

A Perfect Day!


Kara and I had the BEST day today ~ you know those days when you just enjoy your child sooo much you want to constantly squeeze them? LOL

We went to Monarto Zoo ~ a free range zoo 50 kms from Adelaide and we hadn't been there for a couple of years. We had grand plans to go last week but I got that horrid migraine so we postponed ~ I'm sooooo glad we did now, because today was the perfect day for it. Kara just loved it to bits and had so much fun.

The highlight of the day was hand feeding the giraffes ~ I have taken about 150 photos (literally) of them but will stick to posting a couple here :P Kara was beside herself ~ she was beaming. She then insisted on riding a camel LMAO ~ all was good until she got on and the panic set. I ended up joining her and she was rapt ~ apparently we're going back in a couple of weeks for a longer ride!

I am just loving having a weekend with my girl ~ it makes soooo much difference and gives us the chance to do these types of things together. I feel like I want to pause life at the moment and keep Kara as a 4 year old just a little longer....time is just going way too fast for my liking.

xxxx

Chasing the wildlife......

Just looking gorgeous :P ....

Feeding the Giraffes!!!!

This was cute!! The box reads "World's Most Dangerous Animal" and it took Kara about 5 mins to pluck the courage to look inside... when she did, she saw her reflection in a mirror...

1 comment:

Sue xx said...

Wow you have this on your doorstep you luck things! I am wanting to go down to the Dubbo Zoo which is similar I can't wait. I am so glad you had a great weekend. I have been on MSN a couple of times but you haven't been around. Hope you are feeling better.
Sue xx