Tuesday 27 November 2007

The BEST Feeling.....

Have you ever lost touch with somebody that you just wanted to find??? Somebody that represents such an important stage of your life ~ such a positive part of your life?

I have and it's taken me 15 years but I found her ~ thanks to FACEBOOK!!!!!

When I was 5 and younger, my parents were together (they divorced after that) and across the road, there was another family we saw a lot of at that time. They had a little girl, Belinda, who was my age and we almost lived at eachother's homes. We had sleepovers, baths, started school together ~ I've just never forgotten her. Since I was 16, I've tried to find her. I just wanted to know where she was at and touch base. I tried everywhere ~ I sent heaps of emails, rang people with her surname, went onto various internet sites blah blah blah ~ I started to think she may have changed her surname via marriage and it was never going to happen.

THEN, the other night, Eden was talking about facebook. I joined up and thought it was stupid lmfao. I still don't get many aspects of it ~ pokes, drinks and the like. The first thing I did though, was type in Belinda's name. With a common surname, there were a few but I knew her birthdate and I found her. I cannot begin to explain what it was like to see her for the first time in over 20 years!!!!! I sent her a message and now we're catching up on lost time.

So thanks FACEBOOK!! Whilst a lot of it still makes no sense :P it's done something for me that is just so so important.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness this gave me goosebumps. What an amazing thing to happen.
I haven't heard of facebook before.
I'm so happy that you have found your long lost friend. You have alot of catching up to do.
{{hugs}}
ps I have another blog it's:-
www.melikestoscrap.blogspot.com
if you ever want to pop by. You're always welcome!

Fari said...

I loooove facebook! It's the best thing ever hahahha.

Fari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.