Friday 22 February 2008

Getting There....


YAYYYYY


After 9 hours of packing and unpacking (two loads) from the moving truck, we finally finished at 6pm on wednesday night. Initially, it was quite enjoyable. There were 6 guys taking directions from me, whilst I sat on msn chatting LMFAO. But then, my phone line was disconnected, so I had nothing to do but help :P


There is crap EVERYWHERE. Basically, I have taken what we absolutely need out and the other 2o38083045 boxes are sitting in the garage.... I'll be unpacking a couple a day. The entire shed contents is outside (in the rain) and I don't even want to think about what's damaged now.....


All in all though, the house is starting to take shape. Still heaps to do but we'll get there :)

xxx


4 comments:

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Its a funny thing moving house. Directing people where to place your furniture and put your couches etc is great fun.BUT.... then when you have to start unpacking the boxes of little things like shampoo, and pots and pans you kind of just wish you were Sam from Bewitched and could wiggle your nose and it would all be done. NOt to mention the clean up at the end when you have to dispose of all of the news paper and bubble wrap and boxes. It can take the shine off the whole moving thing!!

Ok now I've made you nice and depressed about your weekend of work and unpacking LOL I'll say well done lovey you deserve a gorgeous new home. Have fun this weekend settling in!!

Danielle said...

It looks so good. I feel your pain with the unpacking. A year on we still have boxes in our garage!

Hope you're loving it.

Dxxxx

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

woohoo! You're in! Now remember, if you leave those boxes out there and don't unpack them, then you really don't need that stuff and should just get rid of them! (says me who has been in this house for 4 years now and still has a room full of boxes out the back taht would make a wonderful play room! - I really must get onto that! lol)

But - great that you are in, it looks lovely and airy!!

Justine
http://juzziebear.spaces.live.com/

Sue xx said...

oooooh looks very nice! What does Kara think? What are you neighbours like? Have you settled in?
All these questions :)