Tuesday 26 February 2008

Just When I Thought it was Almost Over....

...... Mr Control Freak hits again.

OK, I'm not too sure what to even say anymore. I'm shocked but I'm not. I'm angry more than anything I think.

We go to trial on Monday ~ well we are supposed to. So, after 2 years, the shit "should" end.

Rewind to last week.....

I was told that Kara's father applied to amend his application to shared care and wanted the trial moved forward. The magistrate CLEARLY refused. He said NO ~ it's too late and you've had 2 years to do this. We will run with the application you have before the court (which is asking for fortnightly weekends). I was rapt.

Fast forward to yesterday......

My lawyer calls. She informs me that he has amended his application anyway (to shared care). She says she is shocked and unsure what will happen. The trial may be moved and the new application heard. The new application could also be tossed out and we run with what we have had in front of us for the last two years. She's unsure which way it will go but is hoping for the latter.

Whatever you believe in, whether it be positive thoughts, prayer, whatever ~ please send them our way. Truly, I'm at the end of my tether with this court shit. I (and Kara) need it to be over so we can just enjoy our time together. I honestly do not know how I could continue on with it for another length of time.

Oh and as a side note..... this ever committed father (as he sees himself) forgot to pick up my baby girl from school yesterday :@ :@ My 5 year old girl was stranded..... his reason? He forgot.

I am so over all of this.

8 comments:

meganxxx said...

All my thoughts, positive, prayers, evil voodoo doll (for Dan of course) are with you and Kara.
Some men just don't deserve to be fathers and then as in this case, some just need to learn to stop flogging a dead horse and GO AWAY.
Take care, thinking of you Meganxx

Sue xx said...

Shit! Have you drilled her on what to do when that happens! Write it all down but you know that already. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you all and hope that you get a good outcome.
Sue xx

Danielle said...

Sending all the positive thoughts I can muster.

I know your hurting with all this.

Thinking of you both.

Dxxx

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

oh vanessa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That bloody man! :(

Big hugs

xo

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Oh for God sake, can't he fall head first into the toilet and drown?
You will be allowed to show the court or whatever you do that he wasn't there to pick Kara up from school? That in itself shows he's a shit.

Does shared care mean 50/50 each. Doesn't Kara get any say in this at all.

Ohh, it's all so frustrating and I'm just reading about it not actually living it.

Wishing you such good luck next week, hopefully he'll choke on a chewy driving to court!

( I understand if you can't post this,I'm a bit nasty but what the hell)

Vanessa x said...

OMFG

Emma-Kate.....

Thanks SO MUCH for making me laugh LOL. I needed it...

I like the drowning in the toilet idea.... I keep hoping for a bus but no such luck as yet.

I just want it to be Monday now so, once again, I know what will be happening. Not sure I could go through all of this ALL OVER AGAIN because he keeps changing his mind. Surely the courts won't allow that????

One can only hope hey.

xxx

jeanie said...

Oh good luck on Monday on getting the sort of judge who is going to see right through him.

Vanessa x said...

I just wanted to thank you all ~ for your kind words and support.

I had a couple of appointments today and according to one of the professionals, I need to relax..... I have done all the right things, negotiated at all levels and always put Kara first. During the past few weeks, it's become more and more apparent that he hasn't been doing that (all along) and I've been told to look forward to Monday.....not sure I can quite do that but I'm trying soooooo hard to be more positive about it. An analogy I was given today ~ he has wrapped the rope around his neck of late and on Monday, it will most likely tighten.... if only that wasn't an analogy :P

xxx