Saturday 2 February 2008

The Super Princess ~ Ava

One of the treasures the girls found ~ Sheye took the pic :)


Fourteen months ago, Kara and I had the massive privilege of meeting some beautiful people ~ the impact that this meeting would have on my life was something I didn't know at the time. Now though, I appreciate those few days more than I can possibly explain.

I will never forget meeting Ava (and of course her divine Mummy, Sheye and her brothers, Luca and Mason). I turned to look at her and tears welled in my eyes ~ I can not explain why that was so. I was so happy to finally meet Sheye and Ava but it was more than that ~ Ava was just 'more'. There was something about her and to this day, I cannot put it into words. Yes, she was beautiful to look at but she was also beautiful in so many other ways. She stole my heart.

Fast forward 14 months and Ava still has part of my heart. Not a single day passes when I don't think of her. Not a single day passes when I don't think about what her family is going through. I just can't imagine ~ I don't want to imagine. It's just too hard.

Ava left this world almost one year ago and the impact she has made is astounding. This has happened via the exceptional writings of her beautiful Mummy and from the simply gorgeous photos Sheye captured of her Princess.

Ava, you will never be forgotten sweet girl. Kara speaks with you as if you are here and I love that. Thank you for the changes you have brought into our lives and the lives of so many others.

I send so much love to you Sheye and of course to your whole family.

Thinking of you this week and always.

I love this photo ~ they were on a mission LOL

2 comments:

Fari said...

Ava was and is just magical. I never met her yet I still feel like I "know" her and its all because of the way Sheye describes her so beautifully.

Super Princess, she always will be.

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

That is the most beautiful post Vanessa. It is so special.

And how wonderful that you were able to put Ava's Rule into the school newsletter.

I just had to write to say that!

Justine
http://juzziebear.spaces.live.com