Thursday 14 February 2008

New Beginnings.

For two years, life has been hard. I know it's been much worse for others around me (some people seem to think I don't have the right to stress....) but it has been very difficult. I feel that is all about to change. I can't explain it, I just feel it.

Next week, my girl and I will have a brand new home. It's something I didn't think she would have with me for at least another 10 years LOL but it's happening now and I am so so very happy and excited about it. The floors are being done today, the oven getting put in and window dressings added. Tomorrow, it will be ready for us to start moving things in..... I cannot wait!!!!!

Also, I have recieved some promising news on the court front.... the trial is in 2 and a half weeks but we had a directions hearing last week. Yet again, he who I dislike lots and lots and lots (:P) tried to extend the trial, change his application AGAIN and requested more family assessments. The judge said NO, NO and NO and was not impressed that he even attempted these things, given we've been in court for almost 2 years. We have the same judge in 2 weeks and I hope he stays on that logic..... for my daughter's sake.

So, although just totally exhaused with school starting, moving, court and illness, for the first time in two years, I feel that things will be OK. I feel that Kara will be OK. I feel that 2008 will be such a brilliant year for us and I cannot wait until March the 4th!!!!

xxxx

3 comments:

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Vanessa,

I'm really happy for you, it sounds like you've been through hell with Kara's father. What a mongrel (can write that??). I hope Kara's settling into school,it's such a hard transition to know that your baby's getting bigger,well it is for me!!

Of course you have a right to stress, I hope your feeling's right and things are about to change and are on the UP Up Up. Have a great weekend if your moving into your new 'digs', you deserve it.

Emma-Kate

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

Im really glad to see that 2008 is looking up for you! Well done on the new house!

Goodluck on March 4th!!!

Justine
http://juzziebear.spaces.live.com/

Vanessa x said...

Oh Emma-Kate, you can write that plus more if you like LMAO xxx

Thanks so very much to both of you :) Kara starts spending 3 nights with her father this weekend and I'm so glad I have so much to pack to keep me distracted.... 2 more to go :)

We move on Wednesday but I am somewhat of a hoarder and the packing is going to be a massive massive task. So exciting though!!!!

xxx