Friday 21 November 2008

Six Years Ago



I made a promise.

I looked into the most amazing little face.
I promised her I would protect her.
No matter what.
I promised her I would be there for her.
No matter what.
I promised her I would love her unconditionally.
No matter what.

Today I hurt so much for her.

I can't protect her.
I can't be there for her.
I of course love her unconditionally.

I'm so sorry baby.

I would do anything to keep all three promises.
Tears pour from me knowing I can't.
I just want my happy girl back.
I just want you to have your security back.

Never did I think we would be here.
In this space.
How can he do this?
And how is it allowed?

I'll keep trying Kara.

I'll never stop.

I promise.

x

6 comments:

Tabitha said...

Oh vanessa ~ I am so sorry for everything that you and Kara have to go through.
Stay strong.
Love and big hugs ~ Tabitha XXXXXX

Leslie said...

oh... you have broken my heart tonight. i am so sorry you and your little girl are having to go through this.
the heartache you are going through is so painful and i am sure it is so difficult to watch her have to suffer at all.
i will pray for you guys tonight...
thank you for your sweet words to me. :)
with love...

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

Oh Vanessa.

Im so upset for you. The agony you are going through watching your precious girl.

XOOXOXOXOXOXOX
Jus

Do you have this in pink? said...

Vanessa,

Stop beating yourself up, your a fab Mum, the best Kara could wish for doing the best you can through trying times.

Only one more sleep and tomorrow you'll be a yr older....not so exciting knowing your another year older these days is it??

sweet birthday dreams,
Em

Tanya said...

Vanessa you're a wonderful mum!! It's just terrible what you two gorgeous girls have to go through, but I know you will come through it... you will!!

Take care,

love,
t. xxxx

Jane said...

xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxox
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Jane