Sunday 20 May 2007

Meet Violet!!

Well, we now have a zoo LMAO.

Last week, we got a budgie from Kara's kindy ~ a friend had a spare cage and the kindy was giving Lilac away, so Kara was soooo rapt she got her :) Within an hour though, she announces "all I need now is my rat Mum".

Well, being the patient shopper that I am NOT, we went looking at cages and when Kara discovered rat cages came in hot pink, her little face errupted in smiles. She stood there begging for the cage and it was on sale, so we grabbed it. Then the hunt began.....

When I had my rats a few years back, they were everywhere. Just about any petshop had them. Not so now....... we drove around for hours and Kara suggested we just go home and ring some places. We ended up finding a shop nearby with live rats (after being offered a few frozen ones PMSL) and Kara was doing happy dances when we found a baby one. She just adores her ~ more than she ever has the cat, dog, fish and bird :)

She has named her Violet (she decided to ignore your suggestions Eden :P) and is taking care of her so well.

8 comments:

Bowznstuff said...

arrrghh you got a rat - Loughie SO wants a rat but OMG when I look at them my skin just crawls! I must say though that Violet is a fine specimen...well for a rat! Wishing you both lots of fun with your new zoo:)
Cree

Vanessa x said...

LMAO

GET HIM ONE Cree!!!! Seriously, it's one of the lowest maintenance pets you can have but I would suggest a female.... the males wee everywhere LOL.

Nice to 'see' you xxxxxxxxxx

Rachael said...

now all she needs is a blue tounge lizard Ness!

Anonymous said...

I really think Rosie would have suited her.

Vanessa x said...

OMFG

I should have finished my coffee before spitting it all over the keyboard.

That was funny Ow.

Anonymous said...

Oh V I am having a nervous breakdown looking at those photo's LOL.

Ali

Bowznstuff said...

well I'll have to psych myself up a bit more, we have looked at them several times in the pet store but..mm we shall see :)
Cree :)

Sue xx said...

OMG you scared the crap out of me when that photo loaded Ewwwww!
We have many mice find their way into our shed and house. But if I found a rat OMG ewwww the thought of it!!!!
Sue xx