Thursday 24 May 2007

The "Tagging" Game

There are a few tagging games happening atm via blogs and I was hit by my sis. Here is the deal...

I have to list:

1. Four of my favourite jobs
2. Four of my favorite local places
3. Four of my favourite foods
4. Four of my favorite international places
5. Four people who I am tagging

Four of my favourite jobs

1. One of my first real jobs was being a part-time nanny. The kids were almost 3 and 5 and they became 2 very important little people in my life, as did their mum!! They are now 16 and 18 and oh my how time has flown......

2. Teaching. I just loved it. I taught for a couple of years at uni ~ first and second year physiology in a tutorial and practical setting. At first, I was simply terrified. Most of the students were my age and it was quite a daunting experience at first but once you realise you DO know a little more than them, you learn to relax and watch them learn. I really did love that and maybe will go back to in the future. It was very rewarding.

3. Sleep lab at the Childrens' Hospital. This was a short - term placement (for my honours year) and I was there for about a year all up. In some ways I hated this job but in others it was one of the best experiences ever. Most of the children I dealt with were very ill (and consequently had sleep issues) and it was very distressing at times. I always wanted to do paediatrics though and this placement gave me the opportunity to realise that it would be such an emotionally difficult career ~ perhaps one that wasn't for me after all as I get too close to children!

4. Of course I have to add motherhood here! Nothing will ever ever compare to what Kara has brought into our lives. Yes it is challenging at times but more often, it is overwhelmingly rewarding.

Four of my favorite local places

1. Waterfall Gully. It's a local spot with falls and tracks and we love it there. There are areas of overhanging trees and mushrooms and of course, we go fairy spotting. It's great in summer and winter and just divine!

2. Beach. We live there (not literally) ~ all year round LOL. In winter, we rug up and walk along the jetty. Kara looks in all of the fishing buckets and occasionally gets the chance to pick up a fish or squid!!

3. Shops!!! I am addicted although I am trying soooo hard to curb that addiction. Actually, I have no choice at the moment!! Coffee shops are high on the list too ~ love them.

4. Our backyard. It's like a park lol. We play in the cubby a lot in winter, especially when it's pouring with rain. It's just going to be one of those memories Kara and I will always cherish I think.

Four of my favourite foods

1. Chocolate!! Loooove it ~ good old Cadbury's will do but Ferreros are a fav...

2. Pickled Octapus. OMG it's the BEST!!! I will buy it in bulk sometimes to save money but it doesn't work, because I just eat it all within a few days.

3. Butter Chicken ~ I make this heaps but love a traditional one from time to time.

4. Twisties ~ have to be cheese!

Four of my favorite international places

1. Venice. We went there 18 months ago in very stressful circumstances, so I would love to take Kara back when she is older and we don't need permission from anyone!!! We had some time on our own there and we had a ball together. I will definitely take Kara in the future.

2. Paris. Loved it. Once again, we went there but I would love to go back. It was sooooo as I expected, although nowhere near as expensive as I thought it would be.

3. Malta. My father is from there, so I have always been curious about it.

4. Ireland. No reason really ~ just want to!!!

Four people who I am tagging

Still working that one out, as everybody has been tagged lol.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I feel like pickled octapus now!!

Kate said...

V - Samuel went into one of those Sleep Clinics when he was 4 as he had Obstructive Sleep Apnoea and was very unwell.

Being the computer head that he was and still is he just LOVED the whole idea of being hooked up to a computer . He thought it could read his mind. How cute. Great job they do at those places...his oxygen sats were going down to 71 every cycle which apparently is baaad. Two days later he was whipped in and had his adenoids and tonsils removed - has never looked back healthwise since.

Rachael said...

you know for a split second , I thought I made a mistake and spelt octopus wrong, then I realised that I just copied your spelling.

Phew that was close, not sure how I'd handle a mistake!

Vanessa x said...

Don't ever copy my spelling ~ it's always wrong lately LMAO.

OMFG Kate ~ 71 is baaaaaad. We used to hit the panic buttons at around 90; 80 was not on and if they reached the 70s, we'd check the machines LOL. Soooo, after the op, did you notice major behavioural changes too??? I find that stuff so interesting....