Monday 3 September 2007

Thank You Belle......


...... and Danielle, Noel and Madeleine, for making me more aware of how my girl should be travelling in our car.


For the past 12 months, I have had Kara in a bolted booster seat, with a bolted safety harness. I thought I was doing the right thing by her BUT her seat has no anti-sub (keeps the seatbelt down at the correct level) device and it may not adequately protect her in an accident. I had no idea about this, until speaking with Danielle, an amazing mother who lost one of her little girls, Belle, in a "minor" car accident last year. Thanks to Danielle (and Noel), I now understand more about what is safe for Kara and today, we purchased a Safe and Sound Explorer seat (same as the maxi rider but no arms/drink holder). Please go to read this site ~ http://www.belletoni.org.au/ ~ our kids are worth every bit of $300.


I had to laugh though ~ Kara was all excited UNTIL we got it into the car, at which point she decided to cry. When asked what was wrong, she said "It's a dumb seat ~ I feel like a baby again and I hate it". We now have to travel with a blanket over the straps in case any of her friends see her in a "baby" seat LMAO. She'll come round though and if she doesn't, stiff!!!!!




3 comments:

Danielle said...

Belle would be so happy, smiling down knowing another earth angel is safer! I've heard children talk of their Bella seats and why they need them, so hopefully she can see how pretty Belle was and why she needs her special seat.

Makes me smile.

Dxxxxxx

Ali said...

Dear V
I am laughing so hard. I will have to send Kara a picture of Mia (who is now 6) in school uniform and still in her Maxi-Rider which has been converted with the Protecta harness. She has given up asking when she will be allowed to sit in a normal seat. 32 kilos Mia, not until you wiegh 32 kilos LOL.
Ali

Bowznstuff said...

gosh thanks V and thanks Danielle - I read your blog on Sunday night and rushed straight out on Monday to get a new seat!
Cree