Saturday 19 April 2008

Busy Days....

My girl came home on wednesday arvo and for the first 24 hours, we hugged almost constantly. She kept saying it felt like 100 nights, not only 4 but I'm just glad that first 5 day visit is over. Perhaps next time, her father will spend the time with her.... so convenient that his partner is a teacher :P He is such a selfish being.

We've been so busy.
The night K came home, I had her bestie over as a surprise and we had a small welcoming home party. She thought it was the best lol and the smiles on her face were priceless. She saw our lawn for the first time and I made her a sand pit ~ she loooooooves it.
Kara and Evan
Kara seeing the backyard (it was previously a mud pit) and sandpit!!!

For the next few days, we've had friends over and we just haven't stopped. Today we went to Monarto (an open range zoo in outer Adelaide) and after that, we stopped at Hahndorf for strawberry picking. Kara's been somewhat difficult (tired/unsettled) and I feel like all I've done is tell her off all day but there were some nice times despite that.....
Riding a Camel at Monarto Today

Feeding the Giraffes




Strawberry Picking ~ she LOVED this!


She ended the night off with a spa (her new favourite thing to do LOL) and her behaviour improved once I got a splitting headache and she reaslised she'd pushed me too far..... here's hoping for an answering-back free day tomorrow..... :P

Why after she's been a turd and I've told her off do I feel so guilty? I just hate being upset with my girl.

xx

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

It looks like you had a great time, it is so lovely to see big smiles on childrens faces!!

I know what you mean about feeling bad, I feel exactly the same some days ~ all I seem to do is tell my two off and then when they are in bed, looking so sweet and cute, I feel awful!!
The joys of motherhood ha ha!!!
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you, Kara has a great mummy and I am sure she knows that.
With warm wishes,
Tabitha X

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

Hi Vanessa,

I have just caught up with your blog. My computer is kaput and Im using the lappy - which means Ive had no bookmarks. Found you through Sheye's thankfully.

Anyway - firstly - SO GLAD your girl is back with you after her 'holiday' away.

HUGS HUGS HUGS and good on you for venting. It isnt fair :( Does Scumbag live far away? I wonder if the partner resents looking after this child that isn't hers. How sensible it would be for you to just have Kara for the day, and then, as the court orders it, have her go back there to sleep that night.... NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR.

Thirdly - the yard looks AWESOME!!!!! Well done!!!!!


Justine
juzziebear.spaces.live.com

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

I loved reading this, can you come and work on my back yard too!!

I'm so glad you've got Kara back. My cousin who's kids do time share between her and her ex say's the kids are always difficult after spending time with the dad too. They can take it out on the one who's closest to them unfortunatly.
The pictures are so good, how gorgeous is she in the kimono outfit. She looks divine!

kristen said...

Love that last phot it is so bubbly and happy. At least she's home now where she belongs.