Friday 9 May 2008

Such a Tragedy


I rarely watch the news now ~ I just find it so upsetting and in many cases, so full of shit anyway. Issues are rarely reported as they happen and it just frustrates me. Fingers of accusation are often cast at the wrong person and I wonder just how that person would feel. Anyway, I'm getting of track......
I read today that the little boy, Imran Zilic, who was missing after an access visit with his father has been found in a mine shaft. For whatever reason, I cannot stop thinking about this little boy and his mother. I haven't stopped thinking about her anguish since the story was told. I cannot stop wondering how any person could do this to their child. HOW could his father do this to him?
I don't know these people and I never will but Imran's loss has really upset me. It's just so very pointless. Just so cruel.
Rest in peace little man ~ send your Mummy as much strength as you can. xxxx




3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Oh goodness ~ that is just so awful.
There have been similar stories over here ~
Like you, I cannot imagine how anyone could ever harm a child ~ let alone their own child.
love and hugs
Tabitha X

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

It is an awful story, isn't it Vanessa. And more so for you, knowing that you have to send Kara off to her fathers for visits, and this poor mother did that for her son.

I can see why it would upset you.

BIG BIG HUGS & happy mothers day

Jus
http://juzziebear.spaces.live.com/

Vanessa x said...

Yeah it is just so so awful.

Jus, even with what I think of him, I would never ever link Dan to this monster. I admit that when Kara goes off with him, I feel nervous/stressed (for the want of better words) that she isn't as safe as she is with me ~ that he won't watch her in the same way, that she's told things (about me) that are untrue, that she sits in the front seat of a sports car etc etc ..... all of that stuff ~ I often worry he'll take her to Canada...... BUT I can't even think that he would INTENTIONALLY hurt her. If I did, I'd be more of a crazy woman than I am now :P

Happy Mother's Day to you too (and all the other Mums that read my blog xxxxx)