Sunday 11 May 2008

What The? Choose about 40 photos......

Ok ~ this has been the hardest thing to do since Kara started school :P

Every week, one child in Kara's classroom is chosen as 'Star of the Week'. Basically, they get to sit on a special chair, take the class teddy and turtle home, make classroom decisions (which books to read, games to play etc) and they need to present a poster of their lives......

It's the last part that's proven difficult.

I love taking photos of Kara ~ just in case you hadn't noticed LOL. I have about 18 000 of her since she was one (when I got my first digital camera) and another 2000 or so from birth to one.... we had to choose about 35-40 of these to fit them onto a poster.

I printed off about 150 and gave them to Kara to cull ~ to give her some say in what she wanted on there. I even asked her dad for some pics from his wedding to add (it is part of her life afterall but I am proud of myself for doing that pmsl). Well, after Kara culled, we were down to 147. She removed 3 photos ~ they were 3 of my favs lmao.

Anywayyyyyy, after much compromise, we cut down and shrank as many as we could fit and put the remaining 100 odd into an album for her to take. I tried to do a good range but it really is soooo hard to choose from so many.

This is what it looks like ~ it's like Where's Wally lmfao.... so many photos.

9 comments:

Tabitha said...

That's really wonderful, Kara did a good job on it, I bet she will be very proud taking it to show everyone.
love and hugs to you both,
Tabitha XX

Amanda said...

Wow, alot of work and thought has gone into the poster, and it shows, it looks great Vanessa and Karla! Job well Done:-)

Love Amanda x

kristen said...

How lovely.
My Chayse was Student of the Week at his school this week too.
It is great for their confidence isn't it.

Sue xx said...

I must say i've never seen a Star of the Week like that. It's great!

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

ROFL at you saying she culled the 3 of your favourites - ALL 150 WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR FAVS!!!Heehee!!

It looks bloody awesome!! Well done!!

Jus
www.juzziebear.spaces.live.com

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Hey Vanessa,

I just love it! I bet no other Mum has put in the work you guys have.

It looks divine and I started laughing to myself when I saw what I've decided to call the 'Look into my eyes' picture. That one keeps drawing me in. I'm sure Kara will grow up to be a hypnotist.

How's the new job by the way? Have you started?

Em

meganxxx said...

OMG V you put me to shame! I dont think I would have that many good photos to put on a page like that!

It is gorgeous-you guys did a great job.

Vanessa x said...

Awwwwww you guys are all so so so nice ~ thanks so much.

In all honesty though, it's so easy to do. I literally cut one pic at a time and glued until there was no space..... I do love it though and might laminate it for K to keep.

xxx

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

Hey Vanessa,

It's like 'where isn't wally!' lol!

Hope you're doing ok this week.

Justine