Friday 2 May 2008

Dancing in the Rain.... and Employment!

On Wednesday, Kara and I arrived at school and it started to rain. Kara's face lit up because she loooooooooves being in the rain and it wasn't pouring, so I let her. She then decided we should dance together in it (with me picking her up), so I scooped her into my arms and CRACK... my back didn't like it.

To say I've been in pain is an understatement LOL. I went to the doctors with tears and pretty much requested drugs before she even had a chance to close the door. Those with backpain will relate..... I've torn a muscle and there's some bleeding that is causing the most bizarre burning sensation. I'm so over it already.... hoping it will improve over the next few days.

On a completely different note....

As of Monday (thanks to my Mum xxx), I will be employed!!!!! YAYYYY WOOOOHOOOOO

I had given myself until June to find employment but I am not prepared to have Kara in care ~ we already feel we don't have enough time together, so being able to have our few hours after school is really important to me. Consequently, I needed something within school hours.... not an easy task!!!! Soooooo, this job is perfect ~ it's 3 days a week from 9:30 until 2:30 and the days are flexible. Initially it will be tues-thurs, but once I've learnt the ropes and have settled in, if need be (due to Kara commitments) I can swap days. It's in a financial company and basically (from what I've gathered), I will be transferring data to different systems. So it's computer work which will need little thinking ~ just what I want LOL.

It's just such a relief for me. The recent thousands I needed to pay for the court costs has really made things too difficult, so the extra money will come at the PERFECT time. It won't impede my time with my girl either, which is just fabbo!
And just because ~ look at my girl here.... it was the first time in her cot (after being in a bassinette)..... soooo cute!!! We need to do a photo collage for school and it means me going through literally 20 000 pics of kara to choose about 40.

2 comments:

Sue xx said...

A job,fantastic! Sounds perfect and school hours, great. Also sounds like you can go home and forget about it. That's the perfect job. With homework and sports and stuff it is really hard trying to fit work in as well :)

Tabitha said...

Hi Vanessa,
I hope that your back is ok and not causing you too much trouble.

Congratulations on the job, that is great news for you!!

Wow, what a gorgeous baby Kara was ~ she looks so cute in that photo!!

Have a nice weekend.
love and hugs
Tabitha X