Friday 6 June 2008

:(


I know I've been far from positive lately ~ it's just been such a crappy couple of weeks. Well today is hopefully the peak of the low time.....


I woke at 3am to Kara vomitting everywhere..... not nice. My poor girl was feeling awful today and her father has her this weekend ~ it angers me more than I can express that my daughter doesn't have the right to stay home when she's sick. I hope that if she vomits, it lands all over him. He is just so selfish.


Then this evening, I took Violet (Kara's pet rat) to the vet. She just hadn't improved and over the past couple of days, got worse. The vet said that she was in pain now and she felt Violet was close to dying and suggested putting her to sleep. Kara was already at her dad's and I really didn't know what to do. I know she's just a rat but she's Kara's favourite pet ~ by far. I wasn't sure if I should wait until monday to let Kara see her first but I decided not to. I think it would have been too stressful for my girl.


So now, this weekend is going to be a reallllly long weekend. I'm worried about how K will react to not having Violet and to top things off, I think I'm getting her bug......I need a holiday. I'm thinking of a Melbourne trip for a weekend to take Kara to the footy, zoo and just hang out. Depends on Ebay sales LOL.



xxxx

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

Oh I am so sorry about violet, we had to have our rabbit put to sleep and the children were really upset (so was I!!!). It is so hard when the children have pets and then this happens.
I can't believe that you still have to send Kara if she is ill, I hope that she will be feeling better soon. Take care ~ it sounds like a holiday would do you both good.
love and hugs ~ Tabitha XX

Banks School of Scottish Dancing said...

omgosh Vanessa. How sick you must feel knowing Kara's isn't well. Why would he want to have her if she is sick?? grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Hugs about Violet. I wonder what was wrong with her

Vanessa x said...

I know Tabitha ~ as I was speaking to the vet, Violet ran up to my shoulder and just perched there.... I felt like shit. Juz, they think she has a lung tumour. She just couldn't breath properly and had started to grind her teeth from the pain ~ that's what made me decide to have her put down.

Yep ~ it surely does suck that my girl can't stay home (which is what she wanted to d0) when she's sick. That's ok though ~ the toehair has 'meetings' coming up and thinks I will shuffle dates around to fit in with him ~ he's in for a surprise. Kara will be rapt that she'll have bonus time at home. It shits me that he can be so pedantic with times etc to the point where we went to court but that when he has that time, he thinks it's fully flexible. I've only asked him to have Kara once since all of this shit and that was to attend a funeral ~ even then he wouldn't shift times.... I get so angry when I even type about him.

xxxx

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Oh shit you really have had a shocker of a week. So sorry about Kara's rat and the fact that you have you be the one to give her the bad news. Poor Kara having to go to her dad's when she's sick, I'm also hoping she vomits all over him. Oh well, they say your still contagious for 48 hrs so here's hoping he gets it really bad for the week!

Em