Monday 2 June 2008

Retail Therapy Strikes Again...




ARGGGGGGHHHHH




Well, after taking Kara to school and literally having to peel her from me (her father picks her up today), I felt really shit to be blunt. She's regressed big time with the visits and it drags me down...




So, of course, nothing perks me up a like a bit of shopping. Given that our new birds died about a week after we got them (found both of them dead at the bottom of the cage...), I thought I'd get a turtle. Kara and I have had the class turtle a few times now and she's really good with him and he's so easy to care for. I was speaking to somebody about them today and apparently it's difficult to get long neck turtles due to the drought (their breeding is wayyyyy down), so when I found one, I had to have him. He is soooooooooooooooo small and soooooooooooo cute ~ I took a pic near a $2 coin to show you :) His shell is about 2cm (under an inch) in diameter and I'm scared I'm going to kill him too LOL.




Kara has show and tell tomorrow and the topic is "Your Pets". I need to take in some pics for her and I'm going to add one of the turtle to surprise her. I'll take him in too ~ she will be so rapt.




xx



** I had to add the above pic LOL ~ he is sooooo tiny and his tank so big. Kara met him today and has named him Tom (my first guess) ~ she just LOVES him.

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

OMG that is just tooooooo cute!!
I can't believe how tiny it is!!
Hope Kara has a great suprise when she sees it.
Sorry that her visits to her dad are still causing her stress ~ I just pray that with time it all gets better for you both (you know exactly what I mean by that ~ all I need to say is twins or triplets ha ha!!!!).
love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

Jane said...

Dear Bird Killer,

No more teasing me about killing 9 fish in 7 days please. Or the dog.

Love

Jane

Vanessa x said...

LOL Tabitha.... I farking wish.

Jane ~ I just spat my coffee everywhere....

I know ~ how bad is that? I went to feed them and they were BOTH at the bottom of the cage. The worst thing was that one of them had it's beak around the cage and I was trying to remove it without touching it ~ it was a farking nightmare.

Very sad but they made so much mess .....:P

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Ok, so that's a different type of retail therapy than I like to partake in BUT, he?? it is cute in a reptile kind of way. I get a but freaked out by turtles because they have heads that remind me of snakes.

Good luck with Kara going to the 'other parent',it must be so hard on you having to let her go.

I'm in the middle of writing a new post about our soon to be new puppy. You'll have to show Kara because it's so gorgeous!

Em