Wednesday 27 June 2007

What next?

This month has been just horrid.

My grandfather passed away last night ~ he was very ill but as with any passing, it's still a shock. It makes me think back to when I was a kid ~ frozen strawberries, lemon drinks, TANG, his fish and chips etc. Now though, I just am so worried for my Grandmother. How do you learn to live without somebody that has been in your life for so so long? I hope she finds a way ~ she deserves so much more happiness than what she has had of late :(

If you read my blog, you will know that my friend lost her mum earlier this month ~ her funeral was 2 weeks ago. Last night, her father passed away. It's just cruel. Jos ~ you know I am here for you and the girls. I don't even know what to say ~ it's just so hard to see you in the place you're in but you will come out of it... you are one of the stongest people I have ever met and we are all here for you. Your dad was such a character and he will be annoying your mum already!!!

2007 ~ it really has been the worst year yet.

4 comments:

Fari said...

Oh god thats so awful. I am so sorry for you and your friend :( You never know what to say at a time like this......I am still trying to find the right words to say to Sheye.

Kim said...

So sorry to hear your news Ness. My sympathies to you, your Grandma, Rachael and the rest of the family.
Take care,
Kim. xxx

Sue xx said...

Oh V I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather! Even though they are sick it doesn't make it easier. I think you need a big holiday!!!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Vanessa x said...

Thanks guys.... it's much harder for Rachael Kim, as she has been so involved with our Grandparents of late ~ it's hard to know what to do when you're in another state but I'm hoping we'll get Nanna here in a few weeks.

Sue ~ you are SPOT ON. We are off to Melbourne in a few weeks and although the thought of organising it at the moment is a stress in itself, I can't wait!!!! Then, in November, guess where we want to be :P

V xx