Saturday 28 April 2007

What Now?

It is pouring with rain outside, Kara is with her dad and I am sitting here drinking my coffee LOL ~ I looooove winter when I don't have to do anything (although I have plenty I SHOULD be doing......)

I found out yesterday that Kara is able to attend a school which I was hoping for. I am so so happy. It's got me thinking though ~ what will I do next year!!!

I made the choice, pretty much the moment I saw Kara, to have little money and stay at home with her until she reached school age. It is perhaps the ONE thing in my life that I will never ever regret. I will always look back on these years with happiness knowing Kara's first 5 years were the best I could make them and that I was there to witness every amazing thing she has achieved. Nothing, in my opinion, could ever give me more happiness.

Now though, I need to get back on track with some sort of a career and I am at a stand still. I studied for 6 loooooong years at uni ~ I emerged with a Science Degree with first class honours and withdrew from my PhD after 2 years when Kara was 2. Now however, there is no way I want to re-enter that world. Perhaps in the short term as an assistant of some sort, but never as a long term career. What will I do instead ~ I have no idea LOL.

I've been tossing around the idea of midwifery but I haven't looked into it at all ~ that's this week's job. I need to find out what credit I would get, if any, given the study I have done and also need to look into the hours involved. For the first year of schooling, at least, I do not want Kara in before and after school care, so that is limiting in some ways.

It's just all so hard. When I entered uni, I had clear goals but they have shifted substantially. Now, apart from knowing I would love to work with children in some way, I am struggling with which direction to take.

Totally OTT, I was going through my photos today and I just love this one!

1 comment:

Ali said...

V, you will find something wonderful to do.

Hopefully you will be able to utilise the skills you have aquired through your study and apply them to your new profession.

xx